Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-1728 or (801) 584-1785.
DEPARTMENT: ANIMAL CARE
Status: Full-time with benefits
Utah’s Hogle Zoo is announcing the immediate opening of a full-time, hourly, benefitted position as Relief Creekside Keeper . The Creekside area is scheduled to open in the late spring of 2016. It will encompass a site located along the banks of Emigration Creek as it flows through the zoo. A Wildlife Theater, located adjacent to a newly constructed animal housing facility will comprise the Animal Care component of Creekside.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- A successful applicant will be responsible for assisting in the day to day management of the Creekside area and its animal collection.
Qualifications and Skills
- Applicants must be able to work effectively in a positive team environment, equally with guests, staff and volunteers.
- At least 2-years paid experience in a zoo setting working with a wide variety of taxa is required
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills are necessary.
- There is a strong expectation of experience in operant conditioning and training techniques and ability to uphold high enrichment standards.
- Degree in life sciences, biology, zoology or related field is preferred.
- Applicant must be able to work under diverse and variable weather conditions and be able to lift over 60 pounds without injury, and bend, stoop, jump, and stretch.
- Good driving record required.
Salt Lake City, Utah, is the gateway for outstanding outdoor activities with world-class skiing less than 30 minutes away and more than 20 National Parks and monuments within a few hours’ drive – this area is ideal for nature lovers!
Position includes an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, and retirement plans as well as paid vacation and holiday time.
Anyone interested should send resume and cover letter Jeff Landry, Animal Care Supervisor, by January 23, 2016.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Fredrickson, Phone: 801-584-1785; Fax: 801-584-1797
BACK TO JOB OPENINGS