Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-4510.
Status: Full-time with benefits
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Human Resource programs and policies for Utah’s Hogle Zoo. Major areas covered include employee relations, compensation, benefits, recruiting/staffing, orientation, training, safety, and employee communications associated with the Human Resource area. This position will implement and maintain practices and objectives which will protect the interest of the organization and facilitate positive employer-employee relationships and promote a high level of employee morale. Assists and advises senior management on human resources management issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for monitoring and recommending new or revised policies and practices in all areas of human resource management
- Active participant in Safety Committee, Animal Welfare Committee, Senior Staff, and Strategic Planning.
- Take an active role as a liaison between management and staff
- Facilitate the recruitment and hiring processes.
- Responsible for defining position requirements and identifying sources of qualified applicants.
- Insure all employment actions are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Identify potential liabilities and work with staff, management and legal counsel in resolving sensitive employee relations issues.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of formal job descriptions. Review and maintain pay structures that are competitive for the industry through salary surveys. Recommend and assist management in rate changes as appropriate.
- Administer benefit programs including medical, dental, life insurance, along with other voluntary programs. Act as an employee advocate with providers and resolve benefit related issues.
- Oversee the coordination with payroll department to insure timely processing of initial new hire documents, benefit premium deductions and payroll adjustments
- Oversee the maintenance of drug and alcohol testing program, accident reporting criminal background check program and Workman’s Compensation program.
- Manage the development of informational and training programs for employees to introduce new company policies and practices, as well as new governmental regulations which affect organizational operations.
- Oversee the development of materials that will assist with employee communications.
- Responsible for new hire orientation, providing employee handbook and benefits information.
- Maintain current knowledge of new laws and regulations in human resource management area.
- Establish and maintain an effective network of contacts within the community and with other zoos.
- Establish and administer employee recognition program.
- Responsible for the training and development of the HR Specialist along with work assignments and evaluating performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
Four year degree in human resources or related field or equivalent experience
High energy, enthusiasm, and drive to successfully complete tasks
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to work well under deadlines
Ability to work with diverse workforce
SPHR or PHR certification preferred.
Anyone interested should send resume and cover letter to Doug Lund, Vice President & CFO by November 15. 2017
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Fredrickson, Phone: 801-584-4510; Fax: 801-584-1797
BACK TO JOB OPENINGS