Our Wild Aware Utah program connects you to Utah animals and conservation without ever leaving the classroom! This unique classroom program explores some of the many species of wildlife and habitats found in the state of Utah as well as how to live safely around wildlife.
Resources for Teachers >>
Wild Aware Utah
A trained educator will present information about Utah animals and habitats using biofacts — skulls, feathers and pelts to your students. The program meets the Utah State core curriculum.To find out if this program is right for you, please review the information below:
- This is a FREE presentation, lasting approximately 60 minutes in length. Students will have a chance to touch and explore pelts, skulls and other biofacts.
- While not guaranteed, one live Utah ambassador animal may be part of your program. This possibility is based on animal ambassador availability on the day of your free program and is not guaranteed.
- One instructor may present up to three times in one day.
- Program must be within a 75-mile radius of Utah’s Hogle Zoo.
- Reservations must be made at least 4 weeks in advance.
- Maximum of 30 participants per session.
- Presenter will arrive 30 minutes prior to set up.
Presenters will need:
- An adult representative in the class at all times during the program.
- A PowerPoint presentation is part of the program. We require you to provide a working projector to facilitate this program.
The following are NOT allowed:
- Food or drink.
- Other activities during setup or presentation.
For a Fee:
- We can bring multiple animals to visit you classroom as part of this program. Please let the staff know that you are interested in this option when scheduling your program and they will be able to let you know if our animal ambassadors are available to travel.
- The fee is $50.00 for the first presentation and an additional $35 for each additional program. (Maximum number of presentations is three).
- Sessions must be at same location on same day to receive the multiple-session price. Cash or check only, which can be paid the day of the program..
This program is appropriate for cub scout pack meetings. At this time we cannot visit assisted living centers. If you would like to schedule a program or have any other further questions please call the Outreach Coordinator at 801-584-1763.