Utah’s Hogle Zoo offers a wide variety of Zoo programming for learners of all ages and interests. Click on one of our section headers to learn more:
Each animal-themed program includes animal encounters, crafts and activities designed especially for early learners and their favorite grownup. Adults attend with children ages 3-5; unregistered siblings cannot be accommodated.
For children ages 6 to 10 and an adult. This 90-minute program provides children and adults with the unique opportunity to meet with a member of the Zoo’s keeper and education staffs and learn about how they care for the animals. Each program includes a pizza lunch, a chance to speak with a zoo keeper and an educator and a special animal session. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Hogle Zoo is offering classes for children with special needs and an accompanying adult.
Ever wondered how an elephant finds a date or how a grebe gets a girl? Sometimes dating ideas can come from the most unlikely of sources. Join us for a fun, relaxed evening of dating strategies as you participate in dolphin courtship displays, find your pheromone match, practice mating calls, and enjoy some delicious food catered by Taste of the Wild!
Interested in becoming a Utah Master Naturalist? Each module of the program focuses on studying the different components of these systems including climate, geography, hydrology, plants and animals, as well as how these components interact and are managed in Utah. At least half of the time is spent in the field and the remaining time in the classroom. The mission of the Utah Master Naturalist Program is to develop a corps of well-informed volunteers and professionals who provide education, outreach, and service promoting citizen stewardship of natural and cultural resources within their communities. Three credits at Utah State University, per module, are available for an additional fee.
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo Book Club
Pay just once and join us all year!Join staff from Utah’s Hogle Zoo the first Thursday of the month for a discussion of a different zoo- or conservation-related book each time, with light refreshments. Book club meets from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. For adults 14 and up; please note that we cannot accommodate children during book club meetings.
- Summer Zoo Camps-Come spend a week at the zoo. Our summer zoo camps offer a fun educational way to spend your summer. The weeklong camps include special animal encounters, crafts, and other activities.
- Keeper Camp – Do you dream about animals? Do you think measuring, scrubbing, sweeping and interacting with wild animals are good ways to spend your day? Have you always wanted to be a zookeeper? Well, here is your chance to see if you have what it takes. Come to the Zoo for a hands-on, behind the scenes, fun-filled day. Participants will spend their day with a staff member preparing animal diets, cleaning exhibits and creating enrichment for some of our animals. We will provide lunch, a T-shirt and a Keeper-tastic time!
ZooCamp provides lively lessons about animals and ecosystems throughout the summer. Zoo Day Classes, toddler and preschool classes are offered year-round. Scouts, students and family groups can take classes and even spend the night at the Zoo through our Zoo Snooze programs. Click on the program to learn more!
- Online Registrations: A confirmation will be sent to you via e-mail once you have registered online for your desired program. If you don’t receive an e-mail confirmation, please check your spam folder. For further questions call 801.584.1763. To register online choose classes from the menu.
- CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES: After registration is confirmed, Utah’s Hogle Zoo adheres to a no-refund, no-credit, no-substitution policy. If you are unable to attend, please consider your payment a tax-deductible donation.
- NOTICE: Due to various reasons including allergies, known or otherwise, we will NOT be providing snacks during classes and camps this year. Please be sure to send the appropriate number of snacks, a lunch for all day classes and camps as well as a water bottle or drinks for your child. A water fountain is always available and we encourage the use of water bottles.
- If your child is enrolled in a day class please be sure to send them with a snack and a drink.
- If they are enrolled in two day classes for the same day they will need 2 snacks, a lunch and 3 drinks.
- If your child is enrolled in one of our all day camps they will need to bring 2 snacks, a lunch and 3 drinks for each day.
- There is a water fountain that is always available and we encourage you to send water bottles with your children.