NATURE MERIT BADGE
$20 per scout; Leaders FREE
Fun, hands-on activities will help you get back to nature (and a little bit dirty) during your visit to the Zoo. During class, we plan to finish requirements 1, 2, 4C and 3, plus get started on 4A, 4D, 4E and 4G.
- All registration must be completed online 48 hours before the class. Leaders are free. Scout classes are also open to non-scout students.
- No unregistered children. Adults may stay, or just sign students in and out.
- Because of the nature of the badge requirements, we are not able to complete an entire merit badge during class hours. Badge requirements not completed in our classes can be done in advance and signed off at the scheduled class. Blue merit badge cards will be provided.
- Have a whole troop that needs a badge? Can’t make one of our dates listed below? Badge workshops can be arranged for groups of 8 Scouts or more. Call 801-584-4551 at least two weeks in advance to arrange a merit badge class.
- Interested in earning the Hornaday badge? We teach all of the required merit badges for this award! For more information, look up the Hornaday Medal on www.scouting.org.
- Our merit badge classes were the 2011 Environmental Education Program of the Year for the Utah Society for Environmental Education.
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICIES: After registration is confirmed, Utah's Hogle Zoo adheres to a no-refund, no-credit, no-substitution policy. If you are unable to attend, please consider your payment a tax-deductible donation.