Join us for the UHZ Book Club
$10 per person at the door
Pay just once and join us all year! Join staff from Utah’s Hogle Zoo the first Thursday of the month for a discussion of a different zoo- or conservation-related book each time, with light refreshments. Book club meets from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. in the RendeZoo Room. For adults 14 and up.
- Please note that we cannot accommodate children during book club meetings.
Here are a list of dates and books for the 2017 Book Club:
- January 5: In Suspect Terrain, by John McPhee
- February 2: What Shamu Taught Me About Life, Love and Marriage, by Amy Sutherland
- March 2: Steve and Me, by Terri Erwin
- April 6: Hidden Life of Trees, by Peter Wohlleben
- May 4: Soul of an Octopus, by Sy Montgomery
- June 1: Love, Life and Elephants, by Daphne Sheldrick
- July 6: American Zoo, by David Grazian
- August 3: Elephant Company, by Vicki Croke
- September 14: Ada Blackjack, by Jennifer Niven
- October 5: The Tracker, by Tom Brown Jr.
- November 2: Rhino with Glue-on Shoes, by Ted Mashima
- December 7: Never Look a Polar Bear in the Eye, by Zac Unger