Current Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-4510.
Status: Part-time, non-benefited
Utah’s Hogle Zoo is looking for an enthusiastic professional to assist in the planning and execution of all zoo public events. Under the general supervision of the Special Events Supervisor and the Marketing Director, the Special Events Assistant will play a critical role in zoo events, including member events, fund-raising events and separate-ticketed events which drive attendance, revenue and focus on enhancing the importance of conservation and the visitor experience. The ideal candidate must promote a positive and professional image of Utah’s Hogle Zoo in public and in all communication of zoo events.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Under the direction of the Special Events Supervisor – plans, coordinates and executes on-site special events, including:
- Timely and accurate communication of special events activities with appropriate zoo departments, staff, outside vendors, media, sponsors, VIPs, and volunteers.
- Scheduling personnel and volunteers to meet event staffing requirements.
- Separate ticketed events including but not limited to: ZooBrew, ZooLights, and Member’s only Tea Party.
- Assisting with planning, coordination and execution of departmental zoo events.
- Evaluates existing events and explores the creation of new event opportunities.
- Assists with Hogle Zoo’s largest fund-raising event, Zoo Rendezvous, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the special events supervisor and marketing director.
- Late evenings, weekends, and holiday shifts required throughout the summer and during the month of December.
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum one year experience in special events planning and implementation. Experience in a marketing, development, public relations or hospitality capacity is always a plus.
- Possess a proven track record of handling tight deadlines, working under pressure, working unsupervised, and juggling multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong writing ability.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Exhibit high energy, enthusiasm, and drive to successfully complete tasks.
- Physically able to lift and move things weighing up to 50 lbs.
- The ability to work events with alcohol present. Must be 21+.
Anyone interested should e-mail a cover letter and resume to Andy Godwin, by August 1, 2017. Utah’s Hogle Zoo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Fredrickson, (801) 584-4510
BACK TO JOB OPENINGS