The Zoo Teen Docent program offers participants a unique opportunity to develop useful job/public speaking skills, increase their knowledge of animals and their habitats, and to expand their conservation awareness, in a collaborative and fun learning environment at the Zoo and beyond.
Zoo Teen Docent Qualifications:
- Volunteers with a genuine appreciation of the natural world.
- Volunteers who want to educate and engage Zoo guests of all ages.
- Volunteers who seek to learn more about animals and conservation while gaining valuable job skills through a volunteer experience.
- Successful Volunteers learn quickly, are approachable and are comfortable initiating conversations.
Zoo Teen Docent Duties:
- Work with the Eco-Explorer Team at Utah’s Hogle Zoo.
- Engage Zoo guests in conversations about the animals in our exhibit areas.
- Educate Zoo guests on a variety of animal, conservation and environmental issues.
- Guide interactive stations that connect guests to conservation and motivate them to take action.
- Work with Education Staff to produce and perform educational demonstrations for Zoo guests.
- Provide superior service for all Zoo guests.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the Zoo grounds.
- Ensure that everyone is following safety protocols.
- Interact with Zoo guests of all ages in a FUN and EDUCATIONAL setting.
Applications are due by March 1st for the Summer Program. Click here to fill out an application.