Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-4510.
DEPARTMENT: ANIMAL CARE
Status: Full-time with benefits
Utah’s Hogle Zoo’s is announcing the opening of a full-time Animal Keeper-African Savanna position within the Animal Care Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicants will provide superior daily care of animals in a mixed hoof stock/bird habitat that will include giraffe, zebra, and ostrich, and other animals or areas as needed.
- Will also be responsible for implementing breeding, exhibit maintenance, animal demonstrations and providing assistance with veterinary procedures, media events, and education programs.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 3-years experience working with felines is required. There is a strong expectation of experience in operant conditioning and training techniques and ability to uphold high enrichment standards.
- Applicants must be able to work effectively in a strong team environment, foster positive interactions with guests and other Zoo departments, serve as an ambassador for the Zoo and liaison to the Association of Zoos and Aquariums in regards to animal programs, and possess a strong commitment to wildlife conservation, animal welfare, and providing a high-quality guest experience.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills are necessary.
- Degree in life sciences, biology, zoology or related field is preferred.
- Applicant must be able to work under diverse and variable weather conditions and be able to lift over 60 pounds without injury, and bend, stoop, jump, and stretch.
- Good driving record required.
Salt Lake City, Utah, is the gateway for outstanding outdoor activities with world-class skiing less than 30 minutes away and more than 20 National Parks and monuments within a few hours’ drive – this area is ideal for nature lovers!
Anyone interested should send resume and cover letter to Gina Phillips, Animal Care Supervisor by January 23, 2016.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Frederickson, Phone: 801-584-4510; Fax: 801-584-1797
BACK TO JOB OPENINGS