Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-4510.
DEPARTMENT: ANIMAL CARE
Qualifications and Skills
- At least three years paid experience working with pinnipeds in a zoo or aquarium setting is required.
- Applicants must be able to work effectively in a positive team environment, equally with guests, staff and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary in this position.
- Excellent writing and public speaking skills are necessary.
- There is a strong expectation of experience in operant conditioning and training techniques, providing enrichment, public speaking, and developing pinniped programs for Zoo guests.
- Degree in life sciences, biology, zoology or related field is preferred.
- Applicant must be able to work under diverse and variable weather conditions, in close proximity to visitors
- Be able to lift over 60 pounds without injury, and bend, stoop, jump, and stretch.
- must be able to obtain an Advanced Open Water dive certification from a recognized organization; and, an excellent driving record is required. .
Position includes an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, and retirement plans as well as paid vacation and holiday time. Salary is commensurate with experience. Salt Lake City, Utah, is the gateway for outstanding outdoor activities with world-class skiing less than 30 minutes away and more than 20 National Parks and monuments within a few hours’ drive – this area is ideal for nature lovers!
Anyone interested should send resume and cover letter to Utah’s Hogle Zoo, 2600 Sunnyside Ave, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, by June 27, 2014, Attention: Jeff Landry, or e-mail email@example.com.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Frederickson, Phone: 801-584-4510; Fax: 801-584-1797