Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-4510.
Status: Full-time with benefits
Utah’s Hogle Zoo has an exciting opportunity for a Finance Analyst. This mid-level position reports directly to the Director of Finance. Primary functions include monthly financial closing, verification of all income, expenses, and associated reports, and working closely with internal departments to ensure accurate reporting of all income and donations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Balances all miscellaneous deposits to supporting documentation.
- Balances all deposits of earned revenue to the Daily Cash Reconciliation forms.
- Balances and imports daily revenue into accounting software.
- Reports any revenue discrepancies on deposits to the Director of Finance.
- Prepares weekly reports for Administration.
- Handles all aspects of Accounts Receivable to include timely and accurate invoicing for all clients. Maintains compliance with terms and formats of Federal, State, and County contracts. Review aged Accounts Receivable statements and make collection calls when necessary.
- Liaison for contracted Culinary, Souvenir, and Event Sales partner to ensure all revenue is accounted for and booked into accounting software.
- Works closely with internal departments on reconciliation of revenue, contributions, and donations.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and/or substantial “hands-on” experience.
- Two years of demonstrated accounting experience in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and Accounting processing.
- Excellent Excel skills with knowledge of pivot tables.
- Computer literacy in multiple accounting software applications experience including General Ledger, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable modules.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to document processes and procedures.
- Professionalism, maturity and strong organizational skills.
- Team player, able to work with managers, staff, the public and outside accounting firms.
- Keen ability to focus, anticipate needs, maintain close attention to detail, and prioritize work within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently to meet goals with limited supervision.
- Skilled in preparing financial analysis, financial statements, and financial reports.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under stress, multi-task, meets deadlines, and flexible work hours.
Anyone interested should send resume, cover letter and three professional references to Bonnie Thomas, by January 27, 2017. Utah’s Hogle Zoo is an EOE.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Frederickson, Phone: 801-584-4510; Fax: 801-584-1797
BACK TO JOB OPENINGS