Current Full Time Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-1728 or (801) 584-1785.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo has an exciting opportunity for a Housekeeping Foreman in our Operations department. Under supervision of the Associate Director-Facilities, the Housekeeping Foreman will be responsible for custodial care and maintenance of all facility buildings and surrounding areas. Scope of job will require giving work direction to the housekeeping staff along with scheduling, training, evaluating and hiring new staff. Additional duties include ordering supplies and generally maintaining high standards of cleanliness and safety in public buildings and staff office areas of the Zoo.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise housekeeping crew
- Maintain and order supplies required for cleaning and maintaining restrooms, offices and public buildings under direction the Associate Director- Facilities
- Schedule work times for staff, and provide regular department meetings as needed
- Ensure all office areas are clean, dusted, windows washed, floors vacuumed and generally maintained.
- Accountable for the hiring, training and evaluation of performance of direct reports.
- Give work direction and hands-on assistance with tasks as well as feedback on job performance.
- Provide assistance to grounds department as needed
- Daily trash/litter pickup and removal
- Provide Associate Director assistance with annual budget requirements and be accountable for maintaining budget for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, skills and abilities
- Proven successful supervisory experience required
- General knowledge of Grounds Keeping duties
- Experience in a custodial setting
- Maintain a clean and professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate with public and staff
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand, walk, bend and lift throughout the day and lift safely 80 lbs.
- Willingness to work in all types of weather.
- Valid Utah Driver’s license required.
- Computer literate
Anyone interested should send a cover letter and resume to Anna Frederickson, Utah’s Hogle Zoo, 2600 Sunnyside Ave., Salt Lake City, UT 84108, by October 31, 2012. Utah’s Hogle Zoo is Equal Opportunity Employer
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Frederickson, Phone: 801-584-1785; Fax: 801-584-1797