Current Job Opening Details
For general information about employment opportunities at Hogle Zoo, please call Human Resources at (801) 584-4510.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo has an exciting opportunity for a School and Community Outreach Instructor in the Education Department. This position reports directly to the Academic and Community Programs Manager and will be responsible for delivering engaging, accurate and high-energy informal science education programs to Pre K – high school students as well as to the community. This position will collaborate with Education Department staff members to improve and present current programs and assist in the development of new educational and conservation programs for various groups throughout the state of Utah. This is a full-time, benefit-eligible position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver engaging, high-energy, creative, dynamic and accurate educational presentations in elementary & secondary schools as well as for on-site field trip presentations that follow the Utah State Core standards.
- Deliver distance learning programs to a world-wide audience.
- Provide teacher professional development opportunities as scheduled.
- Respond to student behaviors effectively/appropriately using effective classroom management.
- Safely handle and assist in the care of a variety of animals (mammals, reptiles, birds, amphibians and invertebrates) with a comfortable demeanor.
- Support the conservation efforts of Utah’s Hogle Zoo through fieldwork opportunities as well as by presenting Wild Aware Utah talks throughout the state
- Assist with the creation, and execution of the Zoo’s summer camps as assigned
- Assist with Boy and Girl Scout Programs as assigned
- Assist with the development and on-going improvement of Zoo educational programming.
- Understand, support and share with others Zoo’s mission and vision
- Additional duties as assigned by the Academic and Community Programs Manager
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor`s degree in Biology, Zoology, Marine Science, Environmental Science, Education, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience in STEM programming; development and implementation is preferred.
- Must interact positively with diverse populations.
- Able to travel for extended visits – schedule includes travel and overnight stays in Utah counties.
- Must have a valid Utah Driver’s license.
Anyone interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume to Suzanne Zgraggen, Academic and Community Programs Manager, by August 1, 2016.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo is Equal Opportunity Employer
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Contact Human Resources:
Anna Frederickson, Phone: 801-584-4510; Fax: 801-584-1797
BACK TO JOB OPENINGS