Zoo Crew members welcome visitors and make suggestions for a meaningful and fun zoo visit. Roving through the Zoo, they help visitors who need directions and answer questions along the way, letting visitors know about any special programs taking place — from Animal Training Sessions to Featured Zoo Programs. They may also assist the Behavioral Programs Manager with special projects.
Zoo Crew Members:
- Generally volunteer at least three blocks of time per month in the peak season, morning or afternoon, and one time per month in off season, for a minimum of 32 hours per year.
- Help at special events throughout the year and with special member events. Some office activities may also be available.
- All Zoo Crew volunteer positions require an annual tuberculosis test.
- We offer fall and spring training for the Zoo Crew program.
- Applications are due September 1 for fall training and March 1 for spring training.
To fill out an application, please click here .