- How long is my Hogle Zoo membership good for?
Your membership is good for one year from the month of purchase.
- If I renew my Hogle Zoo membership early, will I lose any time from my current membership?
No, it extends your current expiration date by one year. For example, if your current expiration date is September 30, 2015, and you renew in August 2015, it will extend your expiration date to September 30, 2016.
- What do I need to bring with me when I visit the Zoo?
You will need your membership card and a photo ID for admission to the Zoo. If you forget your card, Guest Services will look up your account once for free. After the first verification you will need to pay a $5 reprint fee for a new card.
- Are Zoo memberships refundable?No, all membership purchases are non-refundable.
- How do I purchase a Hogle Zoo membership?
- Online: Click here for an online membership application.
- At the Zoo: Visit any ticket window at the main entrance during regular business hours.
- Mail: Mail a copy of your membership application to:
Utah’s Hogle Zoo
2600 Sunnyside Ave.
Salt Lake City, UT 84108.
- Phone: Call our Member Services Office at (801) 584-1767.
- Can I use my Hogle Zoo membership at other zoos?
Yes! Your membership allows you to visit more than 125 other zoos and aquariums across the country at a discounted rate. Click here for a list of all zoo and aquariums that reciprocate with us.
- Do I get other discounts with my Zoo membership?
Yes! Members receive great discounts on Wild Ride Punch Passes, food, classes, special events and in the gift shop.
- How long will it take to get my permanent membership card?
Permanent membership cards are available for pick up at any ticket window at the Zoo, any time after purchase. Please make sure that you have photo ID when picking up your membership cards.
- Do Zoo members get a discount on ZooLights?
Yes! Zoo members receive $1 off on all ZooLights! admission tickets.
- How old must I be to be named as an adult on a membership?
You must be at least 18 years old to be a named adult on a membership.
- Can I loan out my membership card to a family member or friend?
No, your membership card(s) and privileges are non-transferable.
- Can a friend and I share a membership?
Memberships are designed around a single household or nuclear family unit. Memberships cannot be shared with neighbors, friends, co-workers or family in a different household. Utah’s Hogle Zoo enforces this rule to help keep costs as low as possible for our members.
- Can my children, grandchildren and/or guests come without me?
No, a named adult must be present to admit any children, grandchildren or guests.
- What if I lose my membership card?
Contact the Member Services Office to report lost or stolen cards. Replacement cards are available for $5 each.
- Can I purchase a membership as a gift?
Yes! Hogle Zoo gift memberships are available year round. To purchase a gift membership, please visit Member and Guest Services. Gift memberships are not available for purchase online.
- What do I do if I move?
To update your address, please click here.
- Is my membership tax deductible?
Regular-level memberships (Duo through Booster Deluxe) have no charitable contribution associated with them. Zoo Explorer Society-level memberships may have some charitable contribution. Also, memberships purchased as a gift may be tax deductible for the purchaser, but not the recipient. Please consult with your tax adviser.
- Can I use a charitable fund to purchase a membership?
Since memberships are not 100% tax deductible, money from a charitable fund may not be used to purchase one. If you are looking for a way to contribute to the Zoo through a charitable fund, please check out our donation opportunities.
2600 East Sunnyside Avenue | Salt Lake City, Utah 84108 | (801) 584-1700