$5.00 per person per session
For all ages (adult must attend with children under age 18).
10:00 AM – Noon, first Saturday of each month
- Want to get out into nature, but you’re not sure where to go or how to do it? Join Utah’s Hogle Zoo for a monthly outing to learn more about the world around us, get outside, and have some fun! We’ll bring the tools and information you need; you bring enough water to drink and the right clothes to enjoy a morning outdoors.
- January 4th - Snowshoeing - Snowshoe the beautiful Wetland Discovery trail at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter near Park City. Snowshoes are available to rent at the EcoCenter.
- February 1st - Bald Eagle Viewing at Eccles Wildlife Education Center. Come learn about our nation’s symbol and head out into the waterfowl management area to look for wintering eagles!
- March 7th: Tundra Swan Viewing at Eccles Wildlife Education Center We will be returning to Farmington Bay, this time to see tundra swans as they migrate through Utah.
- April 4th: Mountain Goat Viewing in Little Cottonwood Canyon. Join us in Little Cottonwood Canyon to learn about and view the mountain goats that live on the canyon cliffs.
- May 2nd: Natural Works of Art . We will be collecting natural materials to make art in this guided outing. This outing is great for children and families.
- June 6th: Bonneville Shoreline Hike. Explore the Bonneville Shoreline on this easy hike from the Zoo! Learn about the history of the lake while getting a great view of the city!
- July 11th: Brine Shrimp at the Great Salt Lake. Come spend the morning at the Great Salt Lake to learn about the fascinating little creatures that call the lake home: brine shrimp!
- August 1st: Canoeing on the Jordan River. Come take part in a fun recreational activity on the Jordan River! We will be canoeing down a scenic portion of the river and learning about the conservation work that is being done by the Zoo’s Conservation team to restore the river. Space is limited for this outing.
- September 5th: Apple Harvest at Wasatch Mountain State Park. By far our most popular outing, join us at Huber Grove in Wasatch Mountain State Park for an apple harvest! Our permit is only for 16 people ages 10 and over (children under 10 are free) so space is limited.
- October 3rd: Migrating Birds at Eccles Wildlife Education Center. Learn about the birds that are migrating through Utah and spend the morning watching as they spend time in our wetlands!
- November 7th: Nature Play-Fort Building. Learn how to build different kinds of forts out of natural materials! This outing is great for children and families!