And we couldn’t be more excited about it. We’ve missed you, the animals missed you and we know you’ve missed them!
Here’s the scoop:
In order to ensure the safety of staff and guests – here are some of the modifications we’ve made in order to comply with health recommendations.
We will be restricting the number of guests entering the Zoo each day in order to ensure proper distancing.
All Zoo visits will now require a timed ticket.
- To help limit the amount of people in the zoo, we temporarily have to enact timed ticketing. All guests will have to reserve timed tickets for each member of their party for a designated time slot through our website.
- Reservations also apply to Zoo members. Your membership card, Photo ID, and your timed tickets will be checked on entry. Reserve your member tickets here:
- Timed tickets will be sent to your email in a .pdf attachment. Tickets can be scanned off your phone.
- 3:30 PM is the last available time slot.
All ticket purchases and reservations will be done online.
- Guest & Member Services will be operating at a limited capacity to assist with membership and ticketing issues only. Timed ticket purchasing and reserving will need to be done online prior to your visit.
General Admission tickets can be reserved here:
SPECIAL OPERATING HOURS ON WEDNESDAY from 10AM – 11AM for guests ages 60 and older, and who are otherwise at high risk.
- In order to cater to our more at-risk guests, we’ve created this special time slot before we open to the general public to give even more spacing and time to go through the zoo.
In compliance with the state’s new COVID-19 mandate, masks, worn correctly, are required in all areas of Hogle Zoo.
- We are taking these health and safety measure very seriously. Guests not following the mandatory mask policy may be asked to leave the Zoo.
- Hogle Zoo strives to protect the health of guests, staff and animals. These safety protocols will be assessed on a regular basis and adjustments will be made as needed.
- Per Salt Lake County, face coverings are required throughout the Zoo. Face coverings not required for any guest younger than TWO (2) years of age; on a person with a health condition exacerbated by a face covering; or while consuming food or drink.
- Each Wednesday, we are reserving the first hour of daytime admission for guests 60 or older, and who are otherwise at high risk.
- Beginning October 28th, we are reserving the time slots between 10am-12pm for guests with a disability that prevents them from wearing a face covering per Salt Lake County’s face covering requirement. Visitors can look for the Accessibility Admission ticket when purchasing and reserving their tickets. Other guests accompanying are required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
The Zoo entrance is now through the Events Pavilion.
- All guests will now be entering through the events pavilion just East of the main entrance. There will be two lines inside the pavilion: one for the current time-frame, the other for the following time-frame. Anybody who arrives any earlier will have to wait in the car. Early or late arrivals will NOT be accommodated. There will be no Re-Entry. Please ensure that you have everything with you before entering the Zoo.
Some exhibits may be closed.
- Some exhibits may remain closed. This is temporary and we expect these attractions to open at a later date. Current closed areas are:
- Creekside Play Area
- Creekside Splash Pad
- Beastro Grill
The train and carousel are now open!
- In order to “protect the herd”, we will be sanitizing the train and carousel frequently. We request everyone sanitize their hands before getting on either of these rides.
- Tickets can be purchased online before your visit HERE or in person at our train and carousel ticket windows.
**Please note, these precautions are TEMPORARY and will be lifted once it is safe to do so. Changes can occur at any time. Please be patient with us as we try to best accommodate guest needs and state directives.**
We want to thank you, our community, for your patience and your support and we’re looking forward to seeing you back at the Zoo!