And we couldn’t be more excited about it. We’ve missed you, the animals missed you and we know you’ve missed them!
Here’s the scoop:
In order to ensure the safety of staff and guests – here are some of the modifications we’ve made in order to comply with health recommendations.
We will be restricting the number of guests entering the Zoo each day in order to ensure proper distancing.
All Zoo visits will now require a timed ticket.
- To help limit the amount of people in the zoo, we temporarily have to enact timed ticketing. All guests will have to reserve timed tickets for each member of their party for a designated time slot through our website.
- Reservations also apply to Zoo members. Your membership card, Photo ID, and your timed tickets will be checked on entry. Reserve your member tickets here:
- Timed tickets will be sent to your email in a .pdf attachment. Tickets can be scanned off your phone.
- 4 PM is the last available time slot.
All ticket purchases and reservations will be done online.
- Guest & Member Services will be operating at a limited capacity to assist with membership and ticketing issues only. Timed ticket purchasing and reserving will need to be done online prior to your visit.
General Admission tickets can be reserved here:
SPECIAL OPERATING HOURS ON MONDAY from 8AM – 10AM for guests ages 60 or older, and who are otherwise at high risk.
- In order to cater to our more at-risk guests, we’ve created this special time slot before we open to the general public to give even more spacing and time to go through the zoo.
Face coverings are required in indoor spaces and during our giraffe feedings, but will be strongly recommended for everybody visiting the Zoo.
- In compliance with Salt Lake County officials’ requirements, guests entering indoor spaces like our gift shop are required to properly wear a mask or other face covering (and wear it correctly over the mouth and nose) and are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering at all times while visiting the Zoo for the safety of themselves and in consideration for other guests.
The Zoo entrance is now through the Events Pavilion.
- All guests will now be entering through the events pavilion just East of the main entrance. There will be two lines inside the pavilion: one for the current time-frame, the other for the following time-frame. Anybody who arrives any earlier will have to wait in the car. Early or late arrivals will NOT be accommodated. There will be no Re-Entry. Please ensure that you have everything with you before entering the Zoo.
Some exhibits may be closed.
- Some indoor exhibits may remain closed. This is temporary and we expect these attractions to open at a later date. Current closed areas are:
- Lighthouse Point Splash Zone
- Tidewater Cove
The train and carousel are now open!
- In order to “protect the herd”, we will be sanitizing the train and carousel frequently. We request everyone sanitize their hands before getting on either of these rides.
- Tickets can be purchased online before your visit HERE or in person at our train and carousel ticket windows.
Giraffe feedings have now resumed!
Daily from 10-11:30am and 2-3:30pm. 10 tickets available every 15 minutes. $5 per feed, $4 for members.
• For the health and safety of our Giraffes, masks are required to feed.
• Promptly meet inside Twiga Terrace at your designated feeding time.
o Late arrivals cannot be accommodated.
o No refunds will be issued for late arrivals.
**Please note, these precautions are TEMPORARY and will be lifted once it is safe to do so. Changes can occur at any time. Please be patient with us as we try to best accommodate guest needs and state directives.**
We want to thank you, our community, for your patience and your support and we’re looking forward to seeing you back at the Zoo!