And we couldn’t be more excited about it. We’ve missed you, the animals missed you and we know you’ve missed them!
Here’s the scoop:
In order to ensure the safety of staff and guests – here are some of the modifications we’ve made in order to comply with health recommendations.
We will be restricting the number of guests entering the Zoo each day in order to ensure proper distancing.
All Zoo visits will now require a timed ticket.
- To help limit the amount of people in the zoo, we temporarily have to enact timed ticketing. All guests will have to reserve timed tickets for each member of their party for a designated time slot through our website.
- Reservations also apply to Zoo members. Your membership card, Photo ID, and your timed tickets will be checked on entry. Reserve your member tickets here:
- Timed tickets will be sent to your email in a .pdf attachment. Tickets can be scanned off your phone.
- 4 PM is the last available time slot.
All ticket purchases and reservations will be done online.
- Guest & Member Services will be operating at a limited capacity to assist with membership and ticketing issues only. Timed ticket purchasing and reserving will need to be done online prior to your visit.
General Admission tickets can be reserved here:
SPECIAL OPERATING HOURS ON TUESDAY from 8AM – 10AM for guests ages 60 or older, and who are otherwise at high risk.
All Zoo visits will be limited to 2-hours.
- Each timed ticket will be limited to 2-hours inside the Zoo so we can accommodate as many guests as possible while limiting capacity. Please proceed to the exit once your 2-hour window is up.
Face coverings will be strongly recommended for everybody visiting the Zoo.
- In compliance with Salt Lake County officials’ request, guests are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering while visiting the Zoo.
The Zoo entrance is now through the Events Pavillion.
- All guests will now be entering through the events pavilion just East of the main entrance. There will be two lines inside the pavilion: one for the current time-frame, the other for the following time-frame. Anybody who arrives any earlier will have to wait in the car. Early or late arrivals will NOT be accommodated. There will be no Re-Entry. Please ensure that you have everything with you before entering the Zoo.
The train, carousel, and indoor exhibits will remain closed.
- For the time being, the Zoofari Express, Conservation Carousel, and all indoor exhibits will remain closed. This is temporary and we expect these attractions to open at a later date.
The Zoo is now One-Way.
- There is one-way path throughout the Zoo. Guests will be allowed to pause from the path to spend time at an exhibit, but please return back to the path once you are finished to maintain social distancing.
- If you are in a wheelchair or have mobility issues, please check in with guest services. The south hill can be difficult to maneuver and a Zoo staff member will be able to help you take a different path.
**Please note, these precautions are TEMPORARY and will be lifted once it is safe to do so. Changes can occur at any time. Please be patient with us as we try to best accommodate guest needs and state directives.**
We want to thank you, our community, for your patience and your support and we’re looking forward to seeing you back at the Zoo!