Donate During the Zoo Closure
We miss you! It’s awfully quiet around here and, like you, we’re anxious to get back to normal so we can all celebrate wildlife.
A lot of you have asked for ways you can continue to support your Zoo while we are closed. Thank you for thinking about us.
You can be certain our animals will continue to receive top-notch care by our committed staff. As a non-profit, we rely on ticket sales, donations, events, train and carousel rides, members and guests to help support the animals, staff and Zoo operations.
If you are able to do so, please consider a donation to help us get through this uncertain time while we are closed to the public.
Stay safe – we can’t wait to see you again!
Our Mission: Utah’s Hogle Zoo is our community’s gateway to animals, connecting our visitors with the natural world and engaging them in wildlife conservation action, locally and worldwide.
Outstanding Animal Care
At Utah’s Hogle Zoo our animals are provided with opportunities to learn, interact and exhibit natural behaviors. We continually seek ways to improve and challenge the lives of all the animals in our care. We are dedicated to achieving this through active and progressive enrichment and operant conditional programs. Our keepers provide enrichment from five different categories to stimulate all the animals’ senses and encourage a wide range of natural behaviors:
- Sensory: Stimulates all of the animals senses – visual, small, hearing, taste and touch;
- Foods/Feeding: Encourages animals to think and work for their food, as they would in the wild;
- Manipulative/Toys: Items that can be manipulated in some way via hands, mouth, legs, horns or head simply for investigation and exploratory play;
- Environment: Keepers enhance the animal’s Zoo habitat with opportunities that change or add complexity to their environment
- Behavioral/Social: Interaction in the form of training and structured play builds trust and rapport between keeper and animal.
Learning at the zoo is always fun! The Education Department at Utah’s Hogle Zoo provides personal connections with the natural world by offering entertaining and education opportunities for toddlers through adults. Our goal is to increase understanding of, and responsibility for, local and global animal species and ecosystems – strengthening the bond between people and the planet we live on. From camps and classes for kids, to book clubs and events for adults, we offer education experiences for everyone.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo is committed to conserving wildlife and endangered species. The Zoo’s major conservations programs address conservation of endangered species in the wild, endangered species breeding in captivity, conservation education and monitoring high-risk species, habitat preservation.
The Zoo has several ways that you can give: WAYS TO GIVE>>